A Haven of Tranquillity
Inspired by gratitude and famed for exceeding the 4-star grading, Dai Heka Guest House lifts the concept of guest house accommodation to a unique level. As the exclusive South Africa winner for the Ones to Watch in Hotel & Spa awards, we invited a spokesperson to reveal more about the firm’s history and what it offers today.
Dai Heka Guest House ensures that all our guests are well looked after and rewarded with warmhearted hospitality, wishing they could stay forever. All our seven en-suite rooms are directly accessible from public areas and designed with artful attention to detail. Dai Heka’s unusual décor is a striking combination of Modern Africa and antique styling in earthy tones, shapes and textures. The mixture of vibrant interiors creates a delightful surrounding of simplicity and deep relaxation.
Centrally situated to the entire Helderberg’s activities, Dai Heka is a haven for corporate and leisure travellers. We are surrounded by outstanding golf courses, major shopping centres, award-winning wine farms and restaurants all within a fifteen-minute scenic drive away. We extend an invitation to experience hospitality of a different nature, that is the proud DAI HEKA way!
In September 2003, Deon and Liana Jordaan bought the noisy Pêreltjie Nursery School. In January 2004, they demolished the first walls to convert the property into a guest house. Originating from Potchefstroom in NW and Springbok in NC (Boesmanland), the couple’s very different ideas resulted in a combination of construction and décor themes, still evident in the establishment today.
Their initial idea to create a unique and different guest house, had to flow through every aspect from the branding to the entrance gates. They were still sweating in the middle of the night and were toiling to leave their own mark on the guest house – from buffing original Oregon pine floors to gathering reeds for the ceilings – to welding burglar bars to the making of ‘Dai-Heka’
Endless enquiries, quotations and consultations later – they realised they would have to make the huge steel framed gates themselves. This was a daunting task to say the least, but many late nights and couple of accidental burns later, they finally designed and assembled the three gates.
Conversations later started with – ‘when are those gates finished’ – ‘wanneer kom dai hekke’ – meaning that when the gates are up the guest house is ready for opening. They started calling the guest house ‘Die Hekke’, but it ended up being called ‘Dai Heka’, deriving from the Boesmanland (Springbok) slangdialect.
On 1st September 2004, Dai Heka (those gates) opened to welcome a honeymoon couple from Welkom. On the 15th September that year, in a hype of activity the first bride dressed and stayed over with her family. In early October 2007, Dai Heka was registered into its current holding company under the ownership of Keith Jordaan. The new management team decided to keep improving and opening ‘Dai Heka’ to visitors and guests alike.
Dai Heka has seven en-suite rooms each equipped with:
• An entrance directly from a public area;
• En-suite bathtub or shower;
• LCD Flat screen TV with USB port;
• Bouquet of DSTV channels;
• Coffee and tea;
• Complimentary snack basket;
• Mini bar fridge with a choice of beverages;
• Bottled mineral water;
• Superior quality linen and unicurl pillows;
• Heating and cooling;
• Electric blanket and hairdryer;
• Luggage rack and;
• Three rooms equipped with small kitchenette.
The executive accommodation consists of:
• A private entrance and patio;
• Main bedroom with queen size bed;
• 2nd bedroom only single beds;
• LCD Flat Screen TV with USB port;
• Full bouquet of DSTV channels;
• Box office movies; • Aluminium sliding door;
• Lockable aluminium shutters ensuring privacy;
• En-suite free standing bathtub and shower;
• Original artwork;
• Inter-leading kitchenette and;
• Manicured garden with synthetic lawn.
The benefits of staying at the Dai Heka Guest House are as follows:
• Rooms are serviced daily;
• Towels are refreshed on request;
• Room turn-downs;
• Concierge services;
• Friendly wake-up calls;
• Baby cot on arrangement;
• Safe and ammunition lock-up facility;
• In-house same day laundry service;
• Car wash and; • Beach chairs and umbrella.
The outdoor public areas consist of the following:
• Two wood fire places and two gas braais;
• Covered, furnished, wind protected and heated;
• Swimming pool with lockable wooden sliding deck;
• Koi-pond with water feature and fountains;
• Our own ‘hole 19’ put-put area;
• Dura turf synthetic lawn; • Well-manicured gardens;
• 6x4m outdoor umbrella;
• Leather couches and;
• Lanterns and scented candles.
Dai Heka Guest House also serves as a function & conference venue. It is a unique semi-enclosed venue, seating up to 40 people comfortably, ideal for:
• Off-site meetings and workshops;
• Small weddings;
• Birthday parties;
• Year-end functions and;
• Or any other reason you may have for a get together.
Optional services of Dai Heka Guest House are:
• Décor and catering packages;
• Administrative assistance with individual business needs;
• Welcoming drinks for conference delegates at the koi-pond area;
• Overhead audio visual system;
• Big screen for your visual presentation;
• Flipchart; • Customisable configurations and;
• Delegate stationery packs available.
Justifiably awarded SA’S Favourite Guest House, this truly remarkable establishment, a mere 900 metres from one of the Cape’s blue flag beaches, offers only a pleasant experience to all guests and visitors.
Company: Dai Heka Guest House
Email: [email protected]
Web Address: www.daiheka.co.za
Address: Hope St, Strand 7140 ZA
Telephone: +27 21 853 5855