In honour of 40 years of Star Wars: Return Of The JediTM, Fossil is excited to announce our Star Wars x Fossil collection, launching globally on the widely celebrated, fan-favourite day – the 4th of May. Exceptionally crafted downto the very last detail, the capsule of watches and jewellery pays homage to the iconic characters and symbols of the Rebellion.
“We’re thrilled to share this special collection celebrating a story that has made such a cultural impact on generations and that, like Fossil, evokes a feeling of nostalgia for so many,” says Melissa Lowenkron, Chief Brand Officer. “Made for fans by fans—we’re excited for people to discover the intricate details inspired by the film and to collect their favourite pieces from this exceptional collaboration.”
The Star Wars x Fossil collection launches with six limited edition timepieces, all meticulously designed in celebration of the film’s most beloved Rebels. Each individually numbered watch is packaged in a collector’s box – showcasing comic book style illustrations and a replica movie ticket pin – and features quintessential character details, including:
- LukeSkywalkerTM (£269): The battle between the light and dark sides of theForceTM plays out on the dial of this piece – complete with Luke’s glowinggreen lume Lightsber™ as the second hand and invisible blue lume Force lightning that glows in the dark.
- Leia OrganaTM(£269): Featuring an innovative time-telling mechanism, this design is inspired by Leia’s iconic EndorTM look with an invisible lume Rebellion sign that glows in the dark, padded leather strap that recalls her helmet and etched braid caseback detail.
- HanSoloTM (£269): This redesign of our Fossil Heritage watch has aneffortlessly laid back feel due to the rich leather saddle strap with goldenyellow pant stripe detail and matching accents on the dial.
- ChewbaccaTM(£269): Featuring a debossed fur texture on the dial and rivetdetails on the strap, this piece recalls Chewie’sTM signature bandolier.
- R2-D2TM(£379): This timepiece is crafted around an applied, stamped and printed dimensional R2-D2TM inspired frame, Japanese automatic movement, minute hand shaped like the droid’s repair tool arm and aday/night indicator with lume-filled Rebel sign.
- C-3POTM(£379): The beloved droid comes to life on this square-shapedcase with a gold- tone C-3POTM face inspired frame, exposed automatic movement, silver-tone lug that matches C-3PO’sTM silver leg, and a caseback detail inspired by etched droid cabling.
Alongside the limited edition watch assortment, Star Wars x Fossil also offers five special edition watches with comic-book style graphic dials, silicone straps and classic tins for £159.
Fans can further wear the Force with our special edition Star Wars x Fossil jewellery collection featuring designs of fan-favourite characters – YodaTM, R2-D2TM and C-3POTM – and iconography in semi-3D silhouettes and signaturecraftsmanship. The gold-tone charm necklace (£85), charm bracelet (£119) and earring stud set (£85) feature green aventurine and subtle shine, while our hoop earrings (£55) showcase the Rebellion logo. The capsule also includes two ID plaque necklaces (£75) inspired by the beloved droids – the silver-tone necklace has an ID plaque with an etched R2-D2TM inspired design and second plaque with a brushed finish, while the gold-tone necklace features an etched C-3PO™ inspired design plaque and second plaque with a hammered effect.
Visit Fossil.com and select Fossil retail stores to shop Star Wars x Fossil beginning May 4, and follow @Fossil to stay up to date on future launches coming soon.
Fossil is a leading global lifestyle accessories brand inspired by creativity and ingenuity. We create timeless, well crafted leather goods, jewellery and watches to accessorise a joyful, inspired life. In everything we do, we strive to Make Time For Good™, working to create positive change for our people and communities.
STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.