Cranberry GinYou’ll love this cranberry gin recipe as this drink is so easy to make and so fast to be devoured! What better way to start the autumnal season, than with a gorgeous cocktail! It’s also the perfect cocktail to transition from cosy, warm autumn to the colder winter period. We at LUXlife Magazine, agree that this is the ultimate drink to serve at a Christmas party due to it its variety of deep red colours and of course the amazing taste! Enhance this delightful cocktail by garnishing with cranberries and some extra zest.
- 3 1/3 cups (500g) frozen cranberries, defrosted, plus extra to serve
- 2 1/3 cups (515g) caster sugar
- Pared zest of 1 orange, plus extra pared zest to serve
- 600ml gin
- Tonic water, to serve
- Combine cranberries, sugar, pared zest and gin in a 2L (8-cup) sterilised jar.
- Seal and set aside in a cool, dark place for 2-4 weeks, shaking every day to ensure sugar dissolves. Strain into sterilised bottles.
- To serve, top with tonic water, extra cranberries, and pared zest.
Tips and Questions
What’s the difference between a dry gin and a normal gin?What’s termed a ‘dry gin’ means there’s no added (artificial) flavouring, the flavours are all natural from the botanicals.
What are the health benefits of cranberry?Cranberries are proven to lower risk of urinary tract infection (UTI),slowing cancer progression, improved immune function, and decreased blood pressure.
From – https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/cranberry-gin/cae63fda-b8e6-4130-acee-9c0dd3613197?current_section=recipes&r=recipes/collections/1f3v0e7x
Apple Cider SangriaWith fresh lemon, ginger, orange bitters, and sliced seasonal fruits, this spiced, sparkling punch made with apple cider, brandy, and a splash of Prosecco packs a powerful flavour punch. This cocktail has beautiful warm autumnal colours and aromas due to the mature seasoned ingredients. To finish off this cocktail and give it that luxury LUXlife feel, garnish with pomegranate seeds, orange wedges or apple wedges.
- 2 1/2 c. apple cider
- 3/4 c. brandy
- 1/2 c. fresh clementine or orange juice
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 1 – in piece fresh ginger, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. orange bitters
- 4 clementine’s, thinly sliced
- 2 apples (Pink Lady, Honeycrisp or your favourite), very thinly sliced
- 750ml bottle Prosecco or other dry sparkling wine
- Pomegranate seeds, for serving
- In a large pitcher, stir together cider, brandy, clementine juice, ginger and bitters. Stir in clementine and apple slices (you can refrigerate this mixture for up to day).
- When ready to serve, add Prosecco. Serve over ice with a few pomegranates seeds, if desired.
- Optional – Create and add a sugar rim with an autumnal spice of your choice!
Tips and Questions
What are some wines for people who don’t like wine?For those who aren’t big fans of wine, here are a few you may like:
- Barefoot Refresher Moscato Spritzer
- Barefoot Fruitscato Peach
- Firefly Ridge 2017 Pinot Grigio
What is the difference between sangria and wine?The recipe for sangria is red wine and fruit. Variants may include other ingredients or other alcoholic spirits, but the difference is the addition of fruit.
From – https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/a33407253/apple-cider-sangria-recipe/
Pumpkin MartiniThe sweet flavours of traditional pumpkin pie are replicated in this flavoursome pumpkin martini. The autumnal favourite pumpkin is packed full of key nutrients, so why not enjoy it in a seasonal cocktail? Vanilla vodka makes a great base for any pumpkin martini and adds a seasonal twist to the vanilla martini. When you want a mouth-watering pumpkin cocktail, this thick, rich cocktail can be served as a dessert on its own or with a pumpkin-free autumn dessert, on any occasion. Closer to the Halloween period, the LUXlife team will undoubtedly be making this!
- 2 tablespoons finely crushed graham crackers, for rimming
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, for rimming
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 1/2 ounces vanilla vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces Irish cream liqueur, plus more for rimming
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin purée
- Cinnamon stick, for garnish
- In a small dish, combine the finely crushed graham cracker, sugar, and 1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice, mixing into an even consistency. Pour a bit of Irish cream into a second small dish. Rim a cocktail glass by dipping the rim into the Irish cream, then rolling it in the graham cracker mixture, tapping off any excess. Place the glass in the freezer for a quick chill while making the cocktail.
- In a cocktail shaker, pour the vanilla vodka, 1 1/2 ounces of Irish cream, pumpkin purée, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice. Fill the shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously for at least 30 seconds.
- Strain into the prepared cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
Tips and Questions
How does canned pumpkin differ from pumpkin pureeCanned pumpkin and pumpkin puree are the same thing. All these terms mean 100% steamed and pureed pumpkin—no extras, no add-ins.
What can you use to substitute for pumpkin puree?Butternut, buttercup, honeynut and acorn squashes are all suitable substitutes. Each of these types of squash has a similar texture to pumpkin and some natural sweetness.
From – https://www.thespruceeats.com/pumpkin-martini-recipe-761145
Toasted Coconut Hot ChocolateAn exotic twist on a classic autumnal staple, this unique hot chocolate made with toasted coconut and rum, will give you an island getaway feel. Garnish this distinguished cocktail with whipped cream and toasted coconut which will give you a familiar warm feeling. This nostalgic homely cocktail is definitely a LUXlife favourite!
- 1 oz rum
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut, plus more desiccated coconut for serving
- 1 cup prepared white hot chocolate
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Combine rum, half of toasted coconut, and white-hot chocolate mixture.
- Serve garnished with whipped cream and toasted coconut.
Tips and Questions
What are the benefits of hot chocolate?Cocoa contains flavanols, which are known to have lots of health benefits such as, reduce levels of cholesterol, lower blood pressure, lower blood sugar, reduce inflammation, lower risk of heart attacks and lower risk of strokes.
Are coconuts healthy for you?Coconuts are rich in fibre and MCTs, they may offer several benefits, including improved heart health, weight loss, and digestion.
From – https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a44727/toasted-coconut-hot-chocolate-recipe/
Cinnamon-Spiced Eggnog White RussianThe traditional vodka beverage is given a playful twist in this recipe for Cinnamon-Spiced Eggnog White Russians. You’re going to adore this cocktail, which is prepared with eggnog, coffee liqueur, vodka, and gorgeous handmade cinnamon syrup. This warm-hearted cocktail is just magnificent! Creating an irresistible homemade cinnamon syrup and swapping the classical tasting cream for eggnog, we at LUXlife Magazine, welcome this luxurious cocktail this autumnal season and recommend you try it all season long!
For the cinnamon syrup:
- Brown sugar
- Cinnamon sticks
- Pure vanilla extract
- Cinnamon syrup
- Kahlúa – coffee liqueur
- Granulated Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the water, brown sugar, and cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil and cook until all the sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes.
- Cool & steep. Remove the syrup from the heat and add the vanilla. Allow syrup to cool and intensify in cinnamon flavour for 15 minutes. Then remove the cinnamon sticks and transfer the syrup to an airtight container.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the granulated sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Dip, dip.Dip the rims of glasses into water and then dip the rims into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and then add the vodka, Kahlúa, eggnog, and cinnamon syrup.
- Shake. Cover the shaker tightly and shake for 30 seconds, or until the drink is thoroughly chilled.
- Strain. Pour drink through the strainer, into glasses. Top with additional ice, if desired.
- Add a sprinkle of ground cinnamon, a cinnamon stick, or star anise, if desired.
Tips and Questions
Are cinnamon sticks edible?Yes, cinnamon sticks are edible. It’s not the easiest thing to chew through, it’s about as hard as uncooked pasta, but if you’re the kind of person who always chews up their pen caps then give it a try!
Where can I buy eggnog out of season?Off season, you will have to order eggnog online from Amazon, eBay, and speciality food retailers. Or you can make it yourself with these ingredients:
- 50g caster sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 397g can of condensed milk
- 100ml brandy.
From – https://www.afarmgirlsdabbles.com/eggnog-white-russian/
ConclusionThese homely, divine cocktails are great for any occasion in autumn such as a Halloween party or Thanksgiving and are brilliant for carrying on to the chillier winter season. You’ll definitely impress all of your family and friends by creating any of these cocktails! We hope you have enjoyed these interesting, delicious autumnal cocktails that we at LUXlife have included and have fun making them on that perfect autumnal day! At LUXlife Magazine we want everyone to be able to try these heavenly cocktails, therefore all the drinks included can be easily made into mocktails by replacing the alcohols with a non-alcoholic option, such as milk, cream and non-alcoholic rum for the hot chocolate and eggnog, and alcohol-free gin, alcohol free cider and prosecco, zero alcohol vodka and alcohol-free liquor for the rest of the cocktails mentioned.
From all of us at LUXlife Magazine – Happy cocktail mixing and drinking, and we hope you enjoy the upcoming autumn season!